Re: [stella] 6502 ASM question...

Subject: Re: [stella] 6502 ASM question...
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:15:45 +0200
Dennis wrote:
> I'm looking to implement Thomas' suggestion for Climber (having random
> ladder placement) and I've run into a snag. I don't know if I'm
> thinking too hard or if I've been looking at this so long that I can't
> see a solution.

Ah, good news! :-)

> Am I making since???

Yes! (at least I think so ;-)
(or are there constrains between the rows too?)

> Does anyone know of a quick math method that would get this
> combination? Right now I'm thinking I'll have to check each bit
> individually.

How quick do you need it? Do you want to calculate that on the fly?

Else a simple loop should do.
Here's some pseudo code:

x = 18           // 19 not allowed due to reflected PF, right?
do
  if newLadder() // (from random number generator)
    putLadder()  // new ladder at x and x-1
    x = x - 4    // skip next 4 positions
  else
    x = x - 1    // check next position
while x > 2

Plus a check if there is at least one ladder.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |