Re: Aw: Aw: Re: [stella] Fwd: Star Fire Release Candidate #04

Subject: Re: Aw: Aw: Re: [stella] Fwd: Star Fire Release Candidate #04
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:02:14 +0200
Manuel wrote:
> Now, which ones aren't spawned anymore? (BTW: Slave I (Wave 4) is sort
> of camouflaged, starting dark gray on black.)

I just played again, and this time I saw them all. :-)

Maybe your random number generator has a little flaw?

BTW: What is a "Slave I"???

> It's self-inititalizing like in "If seed == 0 then seed = FF". So I
> think "fixed" is the right answer. But a new random number is
> generated sooooo often (at least once per frame, that the player
> shouldn't notice that.

Is that number also generated while the title screen is displayed? Else
the first game would always start the same (no big deal though).

Are you using a LFSR for random number generation?

Only two minor suggestions this time:
- At the end of the game you are going back to the title screen and your
  score is displayed. But the wave is the one you started at and I would
  like to know how far I got. So this is a bit confusing. Maybe you could
  display both waves numbers? (e.g. switching the number every second)
- maybe one additional shield at the start of each wave

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |