Re: [stella] Homestar RPG Demo

Subject: Re: [stella] Homestar RPG Demo
From: Erik Eid <eeid@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:04:17 -0400
On Sunday 27 July 2003 23:31, Paul Slocum wrote:
> Here's the Homestar Runner RPG demo from AGE.

This is quite impressive!  While I'd seen the map demo before, it still amazes
me, and the addition of the scrolling text just makes it more so.  It's also
hard to believe the compression rate of the map.  Will all the other maps be
able to be so greatly compressed, or will more complex ones take up more
space?

> The RPG I'm working on is going to be combined with the characters from
> homestarrunner.com!

Who?

It was a very pleasant surprise to see pictures of each character appear with
what they are saying.  That didn't come along in the Ultima series until #6,
so that's quite something to include in a 2600 game.

How will character interactions unfold?
- Use the Transact command and get one statement?  (Ultimas I-III)
- Use the Talk command and get different responses based on keywords you type?
(Ultimas IV-VI)
- Use the Talk command and choose your statement from a list?  (Ultima VII)

You have a targeted release of "early" 2004?  Also impressive!

Best of luck with this!  I like what I see so far!

- Erik