[stella] Re: Sound, monty music - a stable frame ?

Subject: [stella] Re: Sound, monty music - a stable frame ?
From: "Andy Mucho" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 17:40:47 +0100
Here's a newer version, that now generates a stable frame and does it's
musical thing..

Not much of any interesting display, it just changes the background colour a
11 times through lda #$xx sta COLUBK, but it does show the constant cost of
the sound code, which is exectued before it just changes a few colours..

There's about 66 cycles available every other scanline, and the timing of
the synthesis core is rock solid, doesn't vary a cycle...

Curious if this frame timing actually works on a real things..

It looks good enough in Z26, which I'm now in love with again ;)

Only a few more things to add, and then I'll braindump the source on the
list, and hope someone finds some use for it, and some extra-cycles from
somewhere ;)

andym