[stella] A very tough week!

Subject: [stella] A very tough week!
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:07:35 -0400
A week ago last night, we had a fire in our appartment. We were gone for half an hour and returned to find the street filled with fire-trucks and smoke billowing from the windows. The fire department did an amazing job of confining the blaze but half our living room was destroyed. Fortunately no one was hurt, however we weren't without casualties:

http://members.rogers.com/2plastic/Melted.jpg

(I don't know if they work, they might, it looks like just the cases got soft and the electronics look okay (but they obviously got pretty hot). I may try some weird-ass case mods...). These units were 30+ feet away from the actual fire, btw but high up. A lot of stuff which was on the top of shelves &etc experienced similar damage (lots of melted CDRs!)

We've spent the last week power-moving (we lost a lot of stuff, but were also able to save a lot) to a new place. I've basically been offline for the last week so if you've emailed me recently or we're doing some kind of a deal, I'll get back to you *soon*. My mailbox is currently sitting at over 500 new messages (ahh, spam, how I missed you!) so there's a bit of a chore waiting...

Chris...