[stella] OT: Attention Sobig.F floods my account

Subject: [stella] OT: Attention Sobig.F floods my account
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 09:59:58 +0200
Hi there!

I'm very sorry for having to post this.

The thing is this: Within the last 6 hours I received
70(!) mails from that virus/worm "Sobig.F".

It always comes with a 100K attachement, so this was 7MB
worth of data in my inbox.

That means, when I'm going to vaccation tomorrow for a
week, it should take only half of a day to completely
nuke my mail account.

So, oh keeper of this list, please be prepared to
temporary disable my mail account.

Everyone here trying to send private mails before
september the 1st, please be prepared that it'll
probably bounce and that it'll not reach me.

Thanks for listening and please excuse any troubles this
causes you in advance.

P.S.: Since some of the virii I'm receiving might come
from accounts of yours, please consider a virus scan on
your machines :-)

Greetings,
	Manuel