Re: [stella] 6 Digit Code Frustrations

Subject: Re: [stella] 6 Digit Code Frustrations
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 18:47:30 +0200
Dennis Debro wrote:

>Have a look at Thomas' Thrust source and look at the ShowDigits1
subroutine. This should give you what you need (I hope). Notice
that Thomas uses illegal opcodes to do his 6-digit display :) The
lax instruction will save 2 cycles. It loads the accumulator and x
at the same time.

The problem with this routine is that the timing is so close, that
no matter how you position the sprites, two pixels always share
the same information. Therefore I call it a 47(!) pixel routine.

This is no problem for score displays (or the Thrust logo), where
you need some space between the digits/letters anyway. But when
you want to draw a picture with it, it most likely won't work for
you.

Have fun!
Thomas