Re: [stella] TIA question

Subject: Re: [stella] TIA question
From: "Mark Graybill" <saundby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 15:16:56 -0700
It provides a means to adjust the phase delay of the NTSC color signals. The
3.58MHz signal in the colorburst of the NTSC signal provides a phase
reference, and color is encoded by a phase shift with respect to that
reference. This allows the delay to be adjusted to give the expected colors.

That's the short form, if you look up info on the way NTSC and PAL encode
color you'll see what it's up to.

-Mark G.