Re: Aw: Re: [stella] The Multi-Sprite Trick

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] The Multi-Sprite Trick
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:22:57 -0500

Hm... I may be wrong, but I got the impression that the sprites move only 7 pixels left and right. So it does only allow 7 pixel wide fonts. To get the whole thing working with only one charset, all letters are LSR'd every other scannline.

It definitely uses the 74th cycle HMOVE trick to move -8. That's why the timing in the println routine is so touchy.

http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/199804/msg00198.html

My RPG map engine uses the same idea, but I rewrote the routine myself since I added some color and centered the display.

-Paul