Re: [stella] Where's the middle?

Subject: Re: [stella] Where's the middle?
From: Andrew Towers <mariofrog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:18:51 +1000

If the missile is one, then  there is no "center".  Does the TIA choose
the left or the right option.  i.e:

I believe it is always the right of the middle, where middle is defined by the current player pixel being *drawn* (ie. normally it will be pixel 4, in 2x stretched mode it will be pixel 8 or maybe 9, etc) since the missile position counter is reset on the %100 decode of the player graphics counter. However I suggest you test this on hardware (I haven't) since the player and missile counters are asynchronous, and so the graphics output might end up one pixel out.

Also the TIA does not take missile width into account, so the
start of the missile will always be the same pixel regardless
of its size (1x, 2x, 4x or 8x).

No copies of the missile will ever be drawn while RESMP0 is set,
and the reset only takes place on the main copy of the player
(close, medium and far copies have no effect) - so in theory
you could turn on RESMP0 to hide copies of the missle while
you are drawing copies of the player, and turn it back off again
before the main player is drawn, and it will not reset the
missile position at all. I hadn't thought of this and it just
might solve a problem I came across the other day! ;)

Regards,
Andrew.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/