[stella] About SoftVCS

Subject: [stella] About SoftVCS
From: "C. Bond" <cbond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 07:05:08 -0700
There were several questions about the 2GHz requirement I posted for
successfully running the SoftVCS emulator. The reason for this was based
on the ENORMOUS Windows timing overhead associated with managing a
composite display, not the speed of the emulator. The emulator itself
only requires about 8msec per frame on a 500MHz machine. But Windows
eats up so much time, and that time is so adversely affected by other
processes which may be running, that I set the bar very high. Your
mileage may (and probably will) vary.

--
Democracy: The triumph of popularity over principle.