Aw: [stella] DASM support files v1.08 now available

Subject: Aw: [stella] DASM support files v1.08 now available
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:58:04 +0100 (CET)
Hi Andrew!

> Both the base addresses

Ah, oh... this did not make it quite as I envisioned. I thought to add them more like this:

     IFNCONST TIA_BASE_ADDRESS
TIA_BASE_ADDRESS	= 0
     ENDIF

     IFNCONST TIA_BASE_READ_ADDRESS
TIA_BASE_READ_ADDRESS = TIA_BASE_ADDRESS
     ENDIF

     IFNCONST TIA_BASE_WRITE_ADDRESS
TIA_BASE_WRITE_ADDRESS = TIA_BASE_ADDRESS
     ENDIF

And subsequently change the segments ORGs to:

     SEG.U TIA_REGISTERS_WRITE
     ORG TIA_BASE_WRITE_ADDRESS

and

     SEG.U TIA_REGISTERS_READ
     ORG TIA_BASE_READ_ADDRESS

Hope my intention is more clear now?

Now doing nothing sets both adresses to 0, setting a base adress sets both to the base adress and setting read or write individually (super-)overrides that particular address.
That way it is also backwards compatible to the old standalone base-address.

I'd like to apologize for any confusion I caused with the first message regarding this.

Greetings,
Manuel