Re: [stella] 11 Invaders "Reloaded"

Subject: Re: [stella] 11 Invaders "Reloaded"
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:07:20 +0100
Manuel wrote:
> 9 Instigators to 6 Invaders was an improvement of 50%.
> Now going from 9 to 11 invaders is only an improvement of 22%

No, the last few percents are way harder to achieve.

> Besides, I'm personally a bit fed up by Space Invaders, having played
> way too much Instigators and GBA Space Invaders last year.

You know, I am doing this neither for you only... :-P

> Generally whatever you do with yet another Space Invaders, will probably
> not overly impress anyone.

...nor just to "impress anyone". :-)

Mainly it is the challenge that makes this interesting and being curious about
those undiscovered tricks and to share the results with those who
understand and may find it useful (=[stella]).

And that's why I might just want to stop continueing to code this as soon as
I get the completely working kernel as a final proof of concept.

> But now consider the eternal fame reserved in the programming olymp for the
> one who can bring Galaga to the VCS! Whoah!
>
> You're right. I'll do it! :-)

IMO Galaga is almost impossibe without a lot (probably too many!) of
compromises and/or major flicker. Prove me wrong! :-)

Waiting for a demo... :-D

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

WEB.DE FreeMail wird 5 Jahre jung! Feiern Sie mit uns und
nutzen Sie die neuen Funktionen http://f.web.de/features/?mc=021130