Re: [stella] Music Visualizations

Subject: Re: [stella] Music Visualizations
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:59:50 -0600

Ok, I finally had some time to programm the effect, only
I didn't quite make it to have it linked to the music.
At present it's just boring triggered by the frame
counter.

Awesome, I see what you're going for. I think that can be cool with a little tweaking. I'll add the code to drive it directly from the music before our next show.

I did a few new kernals for our last show which I've attached. You'll probably want to fast forward a little if you look at them since the music isn't that interesting without the other parts, and the kernals change kind of slowly. (Fast Forward = Game Select, F1 on Z26)

The first one (_fast_songmn.bin) uses a couple of different kernals. It starts off with a pattern that changes and progresses a bit until measure 69 where it changes to my favorite new kernal (kinda looks like TV static)

The next one (_mcof_songmn_s.bin) just displays a large set of symbols really fast, and the symbols slow down towards the end of the song. This one is really cool when it's projected big.

The last one (combat_song.bin) is a hack of Combat. It messes with the variables in Combat, and slowly gets more complex as the song progresses. It gets very colorful and hyper towards the end.

-paul