Re: [stella] New home for TheDig

Subject: Re: [stella] New home for TheDig
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 12:59:52 -0500
On Saturday 06 December 2003 06:27, Glenn Saunders wrote:
> For instance, something like this:
> [CATEGORY]GAME[/CATEGORY]

That would make scanning through the folder visually a huge pain
in the ass.  How about [game], [trick], [demo] etc.... I don't
think biglist will get confused by extra square brackets.

> P.S. For the record, I have 14,776 messages and 1,079
> attachments indexed which is current as of a few days ago.  I

I have 10,182 of those messages sitting here in my stella folder
(sure glad I was using Eudora under windows and was able to just
copy the folder files over to Linux and have them work.)  I had
often thought about writing something to index the whole list
for FTS, but it sounds like you have it more than covered.  If
you're missing any email addresses going back to december 1999,
just say the word and I'll gzip up this mail folder and put it
somewhere for you to download ;)

> noticed that the earliest messages have attachments embedded
> in the plaintext body as UUENCODEd text.

I actually didn't notice they'd ever switched to MIME till just
now ;)

Rob