[stella] 9 char + Q :)

Subject: [stella] 9 char + Q :)
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:49:10 +0100 (CET)
Hi there!

Well. After spending hours & hours with Textpad & the Stella guide, I, the suicidal try & error coder, managed to evaluate something by thinking first :)

I say it is possible to tweak Roberts technique of displaying 13 chars in a way to make it display 9 chars with his current technique and a 10th with a sprite.

It would work by:

- mirrored PF ignoring PF0 (that's where we lose 3 chars)
- using M0/P0 to create 4 gaps right before the middle
- creating all other gaps with the ball
- freely displaying one sprite anywhere on the screen

I'm 99% certain that it'll work, but I'm mostly uncertain wether the result is worth trying... :-)

Greetings,
Manuel