[stella] JoustPong: maybe ditch "poorlords" wall

Subject: [stella] JoustPong: maybe ditch "poorlords" wall
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 11 Jan 2004 19:12:17 -0000
So, I'm once again trying to ramp up JoustPong development,
ideally for a release at PhillyClassic.  I've been having some
personal crises (computer, marriage, and car failures, in that
order) but now I'd like to get back in the saddle.

I spent some time getting that wall thing going, but its
both A. a bear to debug (and I'm still getting some bogus
bounces, where the ball deflects but no brick is removed)
and B. straining my meager abilities as a kernal writer...

Also C., it kind of misses the origianl simplicity of
JoustPong, and while some extra complexity makes it seem
like a richer game, and seeming is important, I jsut see it
as mostly lengthening it. And if I put in a routine to
restore bricks, it'll be even slower... I'd rather spend time
doing multiball and maybe throwing in Pterry in the center,
deflecting the ball...

I dunno.  it's bug (that I thought was fixed) has really gotten
me down on it...

As always, almost the latest version is at
http://alienbill.com/joustpong/
(I fixed one simple bug where I was forgetting to blank out GRP0
and GRP1)

Hrmm.

"Morality's lease is up and Science has the keys to the apartment."
        -Ander's Mad Scientist Page