Re: [stella] help me get started with setting up an ASM prog environment

Subject: Re: [stella] help me get started with setting up an ASM prog environment
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 28 Jan 2004 02:57:04 -0000
> I'm finally gonna suck it up and try to re-learn some Assembler so I can
> perhaps one day create a 2600 game - well, maybe in 10 years -  What do
> you suggest for an XP user as far as an editor and compiler?  What about
> books or online references?  I haven't done any Assembler since the VAX
> days in college so any help is appreciated including source code, tips
> and tricks, beer recommendations etc. because I bet I'll need it. Could
> my VAX Assembly Language Programming book which I still have come in
> handy in any way?

The answer to all these questions (well, except the VAX. And not so
much about the beer) can be found on atari age's 260 programming
page:
http://atariage.com/2600/programming/index.html

In particular, I "humbly" suggest my own tutorial, 2600 101:
http://www.atariage.com/2600/programming/2600_101/

There's also some Andrew Davie's deeper but not yet as
wide messge board lessons:
http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=31

Good luck!

"No no- not my eyes! Great God of Rabbits, how that hurts!"
	--Thumper being mauled by the wise old owl