Re: [stella] Strangely addictive..........

Subject: Re: [stella] Strangely addictive..........
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 30 Jan 2004 13:12:46 -0000
> And joystick control is probably not a good idea. Hm....???

I don't think there's gonna be an input device that really captures
the feel of the mouse, unfortunately.  Maybe trackball like you said.

It might be an interesting place for a simple intertia based control
scheme, though you'd have to slow down the blocks somewhat. Without
that, I think it ends up feeling a lot like the close up mode of
"Venture"

In terms of speculation on how to do it, Playfield graphics for the
blue and player for the red might be the obvious choice. Figuring out
a kernal that reads from mapped memory is left as an exercise for
the reader :-)

Where is this from, anyway? I found it twice in Google, but never
with an attribution...

-Kirk

  A program should follow the 'Law of Least Astonishment'. What is this law?
  It is simply that the program should always respond to the user in the way
  that astonishes him least.  --Tao of Programming,