Re: [stella] need 16-bit math for JoustPong?

Subject: Re: [stella] need 16-bit math for JoustPong?
From: "Eric Ball" <ericball@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 22:49:11 -0500
> One question; in Andrew Davie's example, he used
> varname as the "fractional byte" and varname+1 as the "integer byte".
>
> I prefer it the other way for 2 reasons:

> So, is my coding style going to be totally illegible, always putting
> the high byte first?  I assume it doesn't make a computational
difference...

No computational difference.  The 6507 doesn't care, it's just another zero
page address to it.  The two variables don't even have to be sequential.
The only time you _have_ to have the least significant byte first is if you
are calculating a 16 bit address for indirect addressing.

My preference is to have the variable names distinct so XPOSI & XPOSF or
some variation thereof.  I also typically have all of the XPOSIs together so
I can use XPOSI,X in a loop.