Re: [stella] Seawolf: Day Fifteen

Subject: Re: [stella] Seawolf: Day Fifteen
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 01:21:52 -0800
I'm going to have to try the real thing on Mame and compare the timings and such but the explosions seem closer to my recollections now as far as timing goes.

I know in the original didn't it superimpose point values?

Also, your mine spawning routine should probably prevent stacking of the mines. Right now it's pretty common to see two mines overlap eachother.

You should enforce some kind of minimum distance.

Also, you might want to think about doing double or triple-copy mines ala Space Invaders to help clutter up the bottom. This would complicate the kernel, I realize. It's just that right now you can only have two mines per level and the coinop may have done more.

Other than that, I guess the next step is to make the score dynamic, right?

BTW, as you may know, the original Sea Wolf 1 used an analog control on the periscope. You were controlling a crosshair. Isn't this also the case in SW2? I'm assuming paddle control is out of the question here, right?