Re: [stella] Atari 800 and 800 XL power supplies?

Subject: Re: [stella] Atari 800 and 800 XL power supplies?
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:14:45 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Adam Thornton wrote:

> As you can probably tell from my recent posts, I have the hardware
> hacking bug bad again.
>
> I have an Atari 800 and an 800XL sitting in my basement.  Neither has a
> power supply.
>
> What's my best bet on the 'Net to find detailed specs for the two of
> them?  I figure I can do a mod rather like the power mods for the 7800
> or 5200 detailed in _Hardware Hacking_, provided they don't have any
> really exotic requirements.

I don't remember what an 800 uses, but the 800XL supplies are 5V at
1 amp (or maybe 1.5 amp, been a long time).

The pinout is odd... the DIN connector pins alternate, +5V and ground.
Shouldn't be hard to meter it & tell which are the ground pins.

The 800 used a completely different supply, but I can't remember what it
was. May have been the same as the 1050 drive (11.5V AC I think, but don't
take my word for it)

Might want to search comp.sys.atari.8bit on google groups.

--
B.