Re: [stella] behold, i am become shiva, destroyer of kernals!

Subject: Re: [stella] behold, i am become shiva, destroyer of kernals!
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 11 Mar 2004 13:39:06 -0000
> I expect that what's going on is that you have a table or
> variable/constant that's accientally pointing to that area (around
> $f91d or so) and when it points at a NOP ($ea) this erroneous value
> is okay (ie: close enough to what it should be) that it still works
> but otherwise it's pointing a some value which is unacceptable. Or
> vice versa (a NOP is the bad value and the regular code is the good
> value).

?? Ugh, does anyone else think so?
Or have any idea where to look?
Is it only the supercharger RAM that's letting me do that, or what?

> Thought these might be it:
>
>    1693  f561                  a5 20                  lda
> BALL_FUDGE_SPEED
>    1726  f57f                  a5 20                  lda
> BALL_FUDGE_SPEED
>
> But no such luck - They are an error though, right? Should be
> #BALL_FUDGE_SPEED?

Right.  I dunno, maybe I should prefix ever constant with
CONST_ besides just putting 'em in all caps.

> (I'm sure you realise it by now, but this is a very, very bad habit!!)

IKNOWIKNOWIKNOWIKNOW. I've been trying very hard to break it :-(