Re: [stella] A new way to position objects horizontally!

Subject: Re: [stella] A new way to position objects horizontally!
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 26 Mar 2004 13:18:46 -0000
> On Mar 26, 2004, at 2:04 AM, Thomas Jentzsch wrote:
>
> > RMundschau wrote:
> >> Here is the new routine:
> >
> > Nice, but not new. Manuel had "rediscovered" this code last(?) year,
> > when disassembling Battlezone. And I found it to be *very* useful in
> > my two 1K minigames.
> >
> > Check the [stella] archives, we even tried to find out who originally
> > invented that code. Looks like Space Jockey was the first game using
> > it.

> Ah, nevermind ;)

Hey, if nothing else, it's something that should make it into
my upcoming 2600 Cookbook

Incidentally, once I get a chunk of it done, it will be open
to Stella members to add to, since it should be very modular.
I think for most things there should be a rule "recipe must
include compilable mini-program as proof of concept".

   You Shall Not Subject Your God To Market Forces!
        --Book of Om, Chap. IV v.6b  ("Small Gods",Terry Pratchett)