Re: [stella] OT-- WAS: Reflex: Paddle woes

Subject: Re: [stella] OT-- WAS: Reflex: Paddle woes
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:50:10 -0500
On Friday 02 April 2004 10:39, KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> All kidding aside, getting the right name for a game
> is fairly important, name brand recognition and all that.
> (That's why JoustPong tried to co-opt not one but two
> old classics for its title :-)

I actually think Reflex is a poor name (speaking only of brand
recognition) as it is, and could use a misspelling.  There are
already 22,000 google hits for atari reflex, including a game
with "reflex" in the title.  If Lee misspelled it slightly he
could have results similar to Oystron (first hit on google) or
my hack Pac26 (3rd hit without atari, 1st hit with.)

For example, there are only 15 hits for atari reflexx, and it
doesn't suggest reflex as a possible spelling correction ;)  But
I guess reflex with one x is easier to do in 48 pixels across.

I think "reflex" is a cool name for a game even with these
problems, and it's certainly a lot better than, say, "Powerball"
would be today ;)  But no harm in making your game easier to
search for.

Rob