Re: [stella] INV+ yet again - inv40104new.bin

Subject: Re: [stella] INV+ yet again - inv40104new.bin
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 19:59:11 +0200
Erik Mooney wrote:
> - Added animation to player death sequence as per Albert's request.

Looks good!

> - When the saucer is shot, the saucer graphic turns into its point value
> for a few seconds to inform the player of the points earned, like the
> arcade does.

Nice!

> And that used up my very last available byte of RAM.  :)

Hm, so even an easy to implement variation like e.g. invisible
invaders is impossible now, right? I am sure there are a few bytes
waiting to be optimized. ;-)

> This version should REALLY be final now, unless somebody finds some
> tweaks that should be made to the PAL timing or colors.

The timing and colors look ok on my PAL machine. I am very glad that
you implemented a PAL-60 mode. PAL-50 is too easy, PAL-60 feels right.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |