Aw: Re: [stella] Hm...

Subject: Aw: Re: [stella] Hm...
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 10:32:39 +0200 (CEST)
Hi there!

> What were you able to accomplish?  I see the starting setup is different
> and there are upside-down kings and I see a 9th row of the playfield which
> the sprites can't enter.  That's about it.

Yup. I was just trying wether a 9x9 board was doable in combination with the venetian blinds technique.
Works fine so far.

The last row displays random anything, because the RAM layout hasn't been adopted to its existance.

Now, if by some good chance the kernel can be tweaked to also populate the 9th column by using tripple copies, you have everything in hands to do "Shogi" (Hm... is that the game with the magnetic board that randomly changes the movement range of the players? :-) ).

But, as Zach assumed, I had something different in mind, namely Archon...

As far as I see, the only thing that has to be sacrificed in a port would be the tri-state ability of the Archon board. I'm not sure wether Pauls RPG kernel could possibly do that, but the flicker aside, I think it can't do a colored background of that quality either.

Greetings,
Manuel