RE: [stella] My New Project - RRampage.bin

Subject: RE: [stella] My New Project - RRampage.bin
From: "Lee Fastenau" <stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:58:11 -0500
> Another, more exotic, way is to call HMOVE at the *end* of the previous
> scanline rather than the beginning as you're supposed to.  That shifts the
> HMOVE blank leftwards off the visible screen.  I might eventually try to
> do this, though the timing would be quite tricky.

I had three HMOVE artifacts in Reflex until today.  I managed to remove two
of them, but not in the exotic manner you spoke of.  The first one, I was
able to "hide" in the black score area.  The second one turned out to be
unnecessary (I only needed 3-pixel precision).  The third, however, is the
kicker.

I've tried positioning "sta HMOVE" at cycles 72, 73, 74, 75 and a few others
with no luck.  At cycle 73, the blank moves down one scanline, but does not
disappear.  I haven't tried this on a real VCS, so perhaps this behavior
simply isn't emulated in Z26.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Thanks.
-Lee