RE: [stella] My New Project - RRampage.bin

Subject: RE: [stella] My New Project - RRampage.bin
From: "Lee Fastenau" <stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:40:09 -0500
> >I've tried positioning "sta HMOVE" at cycles 72, 73, 74, 75 and
> a few others
> >with no luck.  At cycle 73, the blank moves down one scanline,
> but does not
> >disappear.  I haven't tried this on a real VCS, so perhaps this behavior
> >simply isn't emulated in Z26.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?
>
> Check out this post:
>
> http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/199804/msg00198.html

Seems like my current positioning code could be retrofitted to use this
trick.  The accompanying demo illustrated that those HMOVE blanks do
disappear under special circumstances, even in Z26.  As the table shows,
executing HMOVE at cycles 73 or 74 *should* hide the blank, however that
just wasn't the case for me.  Perhaps the behavior is different when you
have two non-zero HMPx's to contend with versus the one in the demo.

Anyway, now that it seems like life without HMOVE blanks is possible, the
one remaining in Reflex is particularly annoying. :)  But I have so much
other work to do that I'll have to make it a low priority.  I also don't
want to delude myself into thinking I will conquer the HMOVE blank where
others much more experienced than I have possibly tried and failed.

Thanks for the informative link, Paul!
-Lee