Re: [stella] Announce: Z26 on Linux!

Subject: Re: [stella] Announce: Z26 on Linux!
From: Stephen Anthony <stephena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:42:48 -0230
On April 16, 2004 12:19 pm, Rob wrote:
> On Friday 16 April 2004 10:14, Stephen Anthony wrote:
> > Good luck.  I've been trying to testers for the past year for
> > Stella. Either nobody is interested in testing, or nobody is
> > interested in Stella.
>
> Or you've been asking in the wrong place.... I have stella-list
> archives dating back to 1999 and your first post (as Stephen
> Anthony anyway) was less than a month ago!

Yes, this is something I mentioned in another message.  Hopefully I'll
reach more people this time.

> I was the first packager of stella for Mandrake some years ago
> (it's in plf now, since mandrake seems to have a
> no-game-emulators policy for their own CD's) so I certainly
> would have been pleased to test an updated version and make
> packages so others could do the same.

OK, I've seen the PLF version, but the latest one there is still version
1.2.  Are you still doing the packaging, since 1.3 has been out for a
year?  Anyway, I use Mandrake as my primary platform as well, so if you
want to package the latest cvs pre-release (mentioned in another
message), then please feel free to do so.

But what I'd *REALLY* like to hear is what the code compiles and runs
like under MacOS X.

Steve