Re: [stella] z26 linux port snapshot

Subject: Re: [stella] z26 linux port snapshot
From: rufbo1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:28:52 +0000
Forgive my ignorance here, but what's stopping you from decompiling the asm into relatively standard C and recompiling for LinuxPPC (okay, YDL now) and possibly later for OS X?  I realize it'd be much, much slower, but how close is Moore's Law to catching other architectures up to acceptable performance on high end machines?  Might be neat to at least have z26 running on a dual G5...  ;^)

As I understand it, that's essentially what Westlake did with NASCAR 2002 (and 2003?) in their port to OS X -- substitute power for asm.

Thanks,

Ruffin Bailey