Re: [stella] TIA Playfield Painter V1.00 Released

Subject: Re: [stella] TIA Playfield Painter V1.00 Released
From: Christian Bogey <khryssun@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 11:23:41 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback !!!

kirk wrote
> Are you calling this pretty much done or are you
> looking to work on it?

As I first wrote it just for my personal use I made it
very basic, I didn't need much more that what it does,
but I think to add 1 or 2 new features in the future :

- Temporary copy page to write/save the current
playfield.
- Negative playfield function.

And when I'll have a very loooong time to lose :
- I'll try to add a "line" draw mode.
- Scroll/Adjust the Playfield picture using arrows.

If someone has got other suggestions they are welcome,
I'll see what I'll can do ;-).

> Just some feedback, it's a neat idea, but
> frustrating that a quickly moving mouse "skips"
> pixels.

Ideed, it's a problem I haven't solved yet. I have an
idea that should work but it will cost me a lot of
changes to do to the core (but I plan to make some
tests).

> also it might be nice if you could think of a way of
> not switcing to DOS text mode for every non-drawing
> interaction...

I'm using an old dev library I wrote some years ago
and
all my requester fonctions are working in DOS.
So it will be possible to use graphic mode only but to
do this I'll have to delete the Files requester use of
my program (writing a new one in graphic mode will
cost me too much time...)

I may replace the File Requester with just an :
input the file name to (load/save) command.
If it's a major ask, I'll do that.

Anyway, running the program into a full screen DOS
mode
under Windows works perfectly for me.
If anyone has some problems with this under his
system,
please let me know.

Thanks a lot for your interest,
Take care,