RE: [stella] Do the math

Subject: RE: [stella] Do the math
From: "Lee Fastenau" <stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 22:08:06 -0500
> Just a small snippet I have here. While highly specialized, I thought it
> might be a nice example of transfering a small math formula into 6502 ASM.

Nice...

	LDA #212
	STA xdelay
	LDA xpos
	CLC
	ADC #02
	SEC
DivideBy3
	DEC xdelay
	SBC #$03
	BCS DivideBy3

This version is MUCH slower and can eat up a whole extra scanline depending
on the value of xpos.  Very handy if you need to burn up those pesky,
unwanted free cycles.  If it weren't for the Atari's oceans of RAM and
blazing fast CPU, we wouldn't have to hack together workarounds like this.

Thankfully, today we can rely on Windows to quickly and efficiently consume
every free resource without writing a single line of assembly.

-Lee
(PS: Seriously Manuel, thanks for sharing your routine!)