Re: [stella] Crash 'n Dive (v0.10)

Subject: Re: [stella] Crash 'n Dive (v0.10)
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 17:59:48 +0200
Christian Bogey wrote:
> Regarding the game context, grey is certainly a good
> color for dungeon walls, but (IMO) using more *happy*
> colours such as blue (i.e.) will be nicer.

I agree. Grey is only an example, each level will probably get its own
wall color, starting bright on top of the tower and getting darker
then.

> Toto falls very fast : won't it be more playable with
> a (little bit) slower speed scrolling ?

Probably. I will have to experiment with the speeds and they also
depend on the controller I will finally use. When using a paddle, you
can react very fast and fast falling isn't much of a problem. When
using the joystick, the game gets a bit more "strategic" and the
maximum speed has to be lower.

BTW: To change the speeds you only have to reduce the GRAVITY constant.
The maximum speed results of the friction.

> BTW I love the score numbers font used : nice design ;-)

Thanks, actually it's just a very minor modification (thicker vertical
lines) of my other minigames score fonts. IMO it's a bit better
readable on TV.

But most important was to store and display it as compact as possible.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |