Re[2]: [stella] Authors enjoying games?

Subject: Re[2]: [stella] Authors enjoying games?
From: zu03776 <zu03776@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 22:56:14 -0500
LF> I'm at a weird point in development... finishing and fine-tuning.
LF> It's very different from kernel or core game logic development and
LF> it's kicking my butt.  I'm waffling on SO MANY issues... like
LF> whether to implement PAL50/60/both, the best way to use ball
LF> velocity tables/multipliers, how to implement level changes,
LF> whether or not to incorporate different game boards, etc.

At least you waited until you had a game going before waffling!

I'm still experimenting with various code bits for in-game music and
SFX, along with multiple kernel issues.  So far, my game is only on
paper, and a rudimentary static layout.

But, that's part of the fun:  I've tinkered with the concept for this
game for several years (off and on).  Seeing the Toto prototype tells
me what I want is possible (with illegal op codes :) without wasting
lots of ROM.

Now, if I could only nail down some of the kernel options and color
phase lookup tables....