Re: [stella] Authors enjoying games?

Subject: Re: [stella] Authors enjoying games?
From: Manuel Rotschkar <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 09:49:50 +0200
Hi there!

For whatever reason, this got me wondering -- do authors enjoy their own games?

Mixed bag, actually.

Star Fire I started to hate at some point during development. I got sooo tired of playing it over and over during the final testing phases. What made it worse was also that it was so extremely difficult to program and that it took so long (18+ months...). I don't think I ever touched it since I delivered the final binaries.

with Gunfight I was similar worn out during the end, though I was forced to play it on several occasions, where someone would "challenge the author" in his own game. Last time when playing it against Thomas, I actually thought "Wow, this is really good!", so maybe in another year or two I can try and truly enjoy Star Fire ;-)

Now Seawolf is really weird. So far I loved every minute of programming it, as everything just "fell into place", almost as if this game was already there all time, just waiting to be programmed by someone...
Same with playing. With every little detail I add, I enjoy playing it more. It almost feels like I'm programming my personal favourite here...

Greetings,
	Manuel