RE: [stella] Authors enjoying games?

Subject: RE: [stella] Authors enjoying games?
From: "Dennis Debro" <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 06:52:26 -0400
Hi there,

> For whatever reason, this got me wondering -- do authors enjoy their
> own games?  I've enjoyed a number of homebrews, but did the people who
> wrote them?  Did you enjoy them (not just those three) *as* you were
> writing them?  More afterwards?  Years later?

That's an interesting question.

During development of Climber 5 I was getting to the point of hating it. As
I would add things to it I would get to the point of just wanting to release
it to get the whole thing over.

I actually played the game recently for enjoyment. I had played it so much
during play testing I didn't want to pick it up. I found that playing it for
fun is a whole different ball game (no pun intended). I actually like the
advanced version. I'm glad Thomas and Manuel pushed me to get all of those
things in :-)

LOL, I also found that I suck at my own game. The people on the AA board are
scoring higher than me.

Take care,
Dennis