Re: [stella] Poll: What is everybody working on?

Subject: Re: [stella] Poll: What is everybody working on?
From: "John" <jchamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 10:48:32 -0400
Hello Dennis,

> I think I finally woke up here. You're John Champeau fonder of
> CHAMProgramming :-)
>
> I played the heck out of your games in the early 90's. I really loved
them.
> They were as close to the arcade as I could get before MAME.

Wow - I haven't heard anything about CHAMProgramming in years!  I'm so glad
you enjoyed the games - I had a great time programming them.  Once MAME came
along, the thrill of making the games was gone since I could now just play
the *real* games.  If you're interested, there's a website out there that
has all of my games for download (the full versions) after I released them
into the public domain:

http://www.champ-em.com

Anyway, I must say that programming for the 2600 is a little more difficult
than a 286.  I love the challenge and the opportunity to make something for
the system that really got me into video games all those years ago.  I just
need to *unteach* myself all the things I learned when making games for the
PC and start thinking in cycles... :)  This hockey game should be quite a
challenge.

Thanks again for all the support!
- John