Re: [stella] Indy500 disassembly pass 2

Subject: Re: [stella] Indy500 disassembly pass 2
From: "Dennis Debro" <dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:32:35 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Glenn,

> I didn't see that.  Crap.  That's going to make it hard to reuse the
> logic.

You should be able to use it. The game still keeps track of horiz and vert
positioning. It needs to know when the player has reached the playfield
limits.

You can do the same and just reposition your players accordingly after the
score is drawn.

BTW, this is the same way positioning is done in Combat and I've also
noticed it in Surround (finishing it up now). I never thought about this
before seeing it done but I assume this was the intent of the player
repositioning register. Later with games like Air-Sea Battle they started
repositioning the players in the kernel.

Take care,
Dennis