Re: [stella] Current for Port Output

Subject: Re: [stella] Current for Port Output
From: "Alex Herbert" <herbs64@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:44:43 +0100
From the RIOT datasheet:

Output High Current (Sourcing):    -100 uA
Output Low Current (Sinking):    1.6 mA

Is that what you mean?

I don't think so, but not totally sure what those values mean. My EE knowledge is pretty limited. I'm wondering how much current it can drive. I know they were thinking of using it to operate an LED, so I'm assuming it can drive at least 20mA or so?

When outputting 0, current between +5v and the I/O line = 1.6mA. When outputting 1, current between GND and the I/O line = 0.1mA

Basically the port is much stronger when driving the line low than driving it high.

Alex Herbert