Odp: [stella] a few more chronicles bugs

Subject: Odp: [stella] a few more chronicles bugs
From: "Shrek" <matzieq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:42:31 +0200
> 1. if you jump onto the edge of a platform, your guy gets stuck and kind
of
> jumps/shakes continuously

That's right. I think it's because of the sprites shape. I'll do something
with it.

> 2. Some platforms on top can't be reached once you get below them.  You
have
> to die to start at the top again  for instance, if I start at 'A' and
don't
> go directly to 'B' but instead fall onto 'C' there's no way to then get to
> 'B' without wasting a life to start over
>
> A-----     B-----
>

>    C-----

That's true, but it's just the level design. After all, nobody said that
knight's life is easy.

> 5. Bottom platforms seem to shift up or down depending on where you're
> moving

When does it happen? I didn't notice it. In the early states this was a true
problem, but finally I've discovered that it was because I tried to stuff
some more code in the horizontal positioning lines, and if a sprite was too
far on the right, it didn't fit and dropped on the next line. But I moved
the code and didn't see it no more. When exactly did you notice that?

MK