[stella] Archives, inactivity and the future

Subject: [stella] Archives, inactivity and the future
From: Russ Perry Jr <slapdash@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:34:40 -0500
The archives are finally ready.  I should be able to get the archives
in mbox format for a copy if desired (please contact me offlist).

In the future, I encourage any and all of you to continue to post to
Stellalist even if an alternate list is available.  It's been a little
daunting to hear people complain about the recent inactivity of the
list as a reason why it's time for something new, when in facts it's
a lack of people posting that made for the inactivity.  I realize
that some of you may have kept from posting fearing your post would
vanish in the ether, but that's not a good excuse not to post from
my perspective, because (1) even if not archived, the readers would
benefit and (2) others have been archiving posts, even if not in any
kind of systematic or official capacity.

Anyway, now that the archives are available, I don't know what the
plans for alternates are, nor do I mean to influence decisions about
them either way.  But for what it's worth, they are available again
and Biglist send their sincere apologies for the overly long wait
(not just because we're not a paying company, but also because they
moved the company and servers a little while back).
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #114   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729    slapdash@xxxxxxx [NEW!]  VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||