[stella] M-4 port

Subject: [stella] M-4 port
From: "Bob Montgomery" <BobM@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 14:50:01 -0400
So, Kirk's thoughtful email got me thinking that maybe I should be a little more active in [stella], so here I goes.

Prompted by Manuel's poll at AA (http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67286), I thought it might be fun to attempt to port M-4 to the 2600.

So far I have a working kernel, joystick-controllable tanks, fireable missiles, very rough sound effects, a timer, and missile-to-wall collisions.  In other words, a lot has been done, but much more needs to be done to complete it.

Any suggestions/comments are welcome.  I hope to cram this down into 1K eventually, so optimization tips are extra-appreciated!

Attached is binary and source.

Oh yeah, the B&W/Color switch switches between, well, color and original black & white :)

-bob

PS It's been about three weeks since I looked at any of this code - and some of it is pretty rough.  Sorry for any inaccurate comments :|

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-zip which had a name of M4.zip]