Re: [stella] Question about Distella

Subject: Re: [stella] Question about Distella
From: "Dennis Debro" <dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 08:58:25 -0400
Hi David,

> I was just disassembling some code recently and I modified DiStella to
> consider LAX a normal menomic and I also worked on the problem of symbol
> aliasing between the TIA read and write registers. How do you handle
> this yourself Dennis? I found it a pain to have to search through the
> output to find the loads from COLUPF and change them to loads from
> INPT0. Changing the disassembler seemed a better option.

I hadn't run into any ROMs that used undocumented opcodes. What ROMs used
LAX? As for the aliasing, I just went through the listing and changed them
manually. Since I had only been dealing with 2K and/or 4K ROMs it hadn't
been that big of a deal.

> Let me take a look at the source and see if there's an option for what
> you want or if it might be fairly easy to add.

Thanks David. The only game I've seen that does this so far is Miner
2049'er. Does anyone know of any others?

Take care,
Dennis