Re: [stella] Stella 2.0 Alpha 2 available

Subject: Re: [stella] Stella 2.0 Alpha 2 available
From: "Fred Quimby" <c9r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:56:41 -0400
>Frying isn't something I've really done much of, but just looking through
>the list of the known effects, many of them look like they might be the
>result of a random seed being set to 0.  Just a guess mind.

Very possible.  I've been meaning to do some experiments on a real 2600 with
some programs written to see what really happens.  I was thinking that I
would try another one that initializes RAM to a known state and changes
COLUBK every scanline depending on the value, and make sure I fill up the
rest of the ROM with NOP.  Then fry and see what colors change, or if they
all just change to black (zero).

Any other ideas for simple programs I can write that may reveal secrets
about frying behavior?