Re: [stella] Atari 2600 BASIC compiler

Subject: Re: [stella] Atari 2600 BASIC compiler
From: "Fred Quimby" <c9r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 16:22:48 -0400
You're right, I do know C but not perl, sed, awk or other language that
might be easier.  I've only recently learned about lex/flex/yacc/bison and
I've been reading up on them - I will definitely use these once I learn how.
  If someone can help to get me started, that would be great - to start, I'd
like to know how to get a parser going with these tools that accepts the
line number, then a valid keyword or variable declaration for now so I can
get a feel for how these tools work.

I've also thought about fixed point math.  I could set aside a few
variables, or require them to be declared this way.  They would use one byte
for the whole number and another byte for the decimal - they would be useful
for fractional movement of objects across several frames.  I also plan to
allow one to use any variable instead of just a-z, I just need to figure out
how...!