Re: [stella] How many NTSC colors?

Subject: Re: [stella] How many NTSC colors?
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:55:22 -0400
To put it in computer terms, your PC when set to 24-bit color, has
16.7 million colors available in its palet.  With 16-bit color, it
has 64k (65536) colors available.  The 2600, with its 7-bit palet,
has only 128 colors available.

The TV is capable of producing millions of colors, but the 2600 can
only tell it to produce a subset of 128.

-Chris