[stella] Maximum baud rate for sending?

Subject: [stella] Maximum baud rate for sending?
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:34:16 -0400
One more thing, what would the delays have to be to
send data at the maximum the 2600 can do?  So far I've
only been able to get it up to 2400 baud while doing
the WSYNC method of delay, otherwise the timing
doesn't correspond to a standard baud rate and I get
gibberish in my terminal program.

I'd like to see how fast this can be pushed just as a
test.  If we knew the proper delays then we could use
the SLEEP macro instead of the WSYNCs.  I'm guessing
that the delay would have to be almost nothing since
you'd be mostly maxing out the 2600's CPU.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs