[stella] unrolling loops

Subject: [stella] unrolling loops
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 17:34:20 -0400
I knew it was unrealistic to think that one of the instructions in your
kernel could be extraneous.  Anyway, unrolling the entire loop takes too
much ROM so I just branched off into two variations, one B&W and one color,
where all color-register loads are immediate, and it works fine that
way.  I think I have the ROM to spare.  If I had just done that from the
beginning I would have saved myself hours of experimentation.  I guess it's
good practice regardless.