[stella] Driving controller issue (continued from AA Events forum)

Subject: [stella] Driving controller issue (continued from AA Events forum)
From: "Lee Fastenau" <stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 18:15:21 -0400
Thomas, I think Reflex actually has code in there to compensate for driving controller "fast spin" ambiguity by using the last rotation value (-1, 0, or 1) and multiplying it by two, but I never thoroughly tested it.  In fact, I've always suspected that it wasn't working...  And now that I've gotten the hang of using the Stella 2.0 alpha debugger, I'm going to find out for sure.

In fact, I really hope it's broken! :)  If that's the case, then fixing it should make the game much more playable with the driving controller.  The sad part is that I won't be able to do much with Reflex until later in the week.  I'll be spending all my otherwise "free" time at work. :(

-Lee